7 października 2012

Rails architecture by Uncle Bob

I don't know Dear Reader how many Rails applications have you written in your life, but I have only one. However from the very beginning I had this feeling that something is wrong. Unfortunately I was not able to find a clear answer what is wrong and how I can make it better. Then I have found this presentation...




Lecture comes from Ruby Midwest Conference 2011 and you can find it here - link. In this presentation Martin showed (inter alia) :
  • how in his opinion Rails application should looks like (picture above) 
  • why Rails MVC is not typical MVC
  • how we should approach testing in Rails application
At the end of the talk someone asked Uncle Bob about how many applications he has seen in his life that corresponds to architecture that he showed. He answered that only one. So is it really necessary to do it in a presented way just to obtain a nice separation of functionalities and a project not dependant on any particular framework ? Judge for yourself !

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz